Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How much will a 1999 Ferrari 360 Modena Cost in 2011?

Well, to start off I am14 and I have been saving for a car since well. . .forever and recently I heard that the prices of 360 Modena have been free falling because of the new 430. I have about 12,000 dollars right from odd jobs and things. I just started a part time job I go to everyday after school and I was wondering if I would even come close to having enough for Ferrari! Hey, everyone can dream. . .|||In 2011, the 1999 360 Modena will be an 11 year old car... looking historically, an 11 year old V8 Ferrari will still command about 65-70% of it's original purchase price.





Given a steady rate of inflation (which might be extremely optimistic given the recent morgage crisis), you could likely expect the Modena Berlinetta to command $90-100k.





However, it should be pointed out, that while the price to purchase an older Ferrari can make them attractive, the cost of ownership on the old car will be every bit as high as the new... even on an nearly 40 year old 308, you could expect the annual operating cost to a few thousand dollars. And items such as insurance add quite a bit more.





Definitely worth dreaming about (they are fanastic cars), but if you really want one, invest some of your savings in some books about money and investing and how to develop a positive cash flow that would allow you to afford such an item.|||Depends on (A) the economy and (B) supply and demand of the Ferrari in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment